Dr. Mark Johnson of Global Wildlife Resources introduced the Y pole to animal shelters and captive wolf facilities. It is an essential tool for difficult to manage dogs within a facility and also for wildlife professionals working with fractious canids such as wolves and coyotes. The Y pole is effective for restraining animals which are already cornered or captured, but not yet safe enough to handle. The Y pole is a humane tool to gently control an animal. It allows practitioners to perform simple hands-on procedures such as; Injecting vaccinations, antibiotics, or anesthesia; partial physical examinations and minor treatment of wounds; additional physical restraint if the animal must be moved or handled in a more extensive manner.
Y pole features:
- Constructed from thick walled aluminum tube for extra durability.
- Neoprene easy grip handle which helps prevent slipping.
- Soft cushion at the Y end which causes less trauma to the animal.
- Excellent bite protection underneath the cushion at the Y end to prevent animals from breaking teeth and to prevent damage to the Y pole.
- Extendable from 31" to 50".